Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Feature Pitch

For my Feature story, I plan to write an article on how Roger Williams Track and Field became a varsity sport. I will digress on what it means to be a club sport at RWU, how they are different from varsity sports, the requirements of an athletic program in realtion to Title IX, and how after years of great success at the club level Track and Field finally was promoted to the status of varsity for the 2009 season. For my research I plan to interview several people in deep connection with the team, such as head coach Sean Livingston and Captain Andrew Gallant. I will get their intake on what it took from the team to get the university to advance them to the varsity level and how the team is different now than it was as a club sport. This feature will be a success because not many people at this university are aware of the recent success and rise of the Track and Field program, so I plan to use this feature as a stage for Track to become more widely known as a legitimate, extremely competitive sport on this campus.

No comments:

Post a Comment