Thursday, April 22, 2010

Multi-Media Pieces

A good multi-media piece contains text as well as a type of media, whether it is video, sound, or a picture. The text must go along with the media in order to explain it further.

You can’t get as much information out of a video, sound bite, or picture as you can out of text. The text needs to add the extra details that the media cannot.

Multi-media pieces are more interactive with their audiences. I know personally that if I go to read a story and there is a video with the story, I will watch the story first before I read the article because it grabs my attention.

Finally, it is important that the information in the media and the text are not repetitive, the media can be explained further in the text but do not repeat. By being redundant the article can become boring to the audience and they may stop reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment